Man is born broken. He lives by mending. The grace of God is glue.

- Eugene O'neil

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Merry, Merry, Take a Cherry

“When I sound the fairy call, 
gather here in silent meeting,

Chin to knee on the orchard wall, 

cooled with dew and cherries eating.

Merry, merry, take a cherry, 

mine are sounder, mine are rounder,

Mine are sweeter for the eater, 

when the dews fall, and you'll be fairies all.”

- Emily Dickinson
Today is Rednesday, so I figured I would share a favorite piece of art.  My husband made this for me for valentines day, last year.  Isn't he a sweetie?  He found the cherry cloth at a fabric store, and he stretched it over a huge (4.5' x 3') box canvas.  He got the letters and circle from a craft store and painted them red, himself.  I ended up adding the roses with a gossamer trail, to soften the piece just a little, making it just perfect for my taste.  He hung it above our family room fireplace.  I love it, and everytime I see it, I am reminded that I am loved, too.  It is a very simple piece of art, but its size makes it quite striking.  


And, completely unrelated ~ but there is an awful lot of red in this video, the fabulous Barbe Saint John posted this video on her facebook account today, and I dare you to watch it without bursting out laughing at least once.




If you would like to find more red goodness, check out It's a Very Cherry World and check out all the participants, or blog about your own red love, and join in the fun!

4 comments:

★Carol★ said...

What a nice man your husband is, to make you that piece of art! It looks so fantastic hanging over your fireplace. And I just love your blog background. Every time I visit here, I leave with a smile!
Happy REDnesday!
Carol

Unknown said...

What a fun blog you have. And I am now a follower. What a great husband you have. My hubby is sweet too. Hope you can stop by my blog for a visit soon too.
Have a wonderful day,
xo
Janet Bernasconi
Janet's Creative Pillows
www.janetscreativepillow.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Highland holiday homes Resorts I don't do much else but stay in my hotel room Highland holiday homes Goa

Coaching Foundation India Limited said...

Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school. Scientific roots of Coaching