Man is born broken. He lives by mending. The grace of God is glue.

- Eugene O'neil

Saturday, May 15, 2010

White Linens...


The bed has become a place of luxury to me!
I would not exchange it for all the thrones in the world.
- Napolean Bonaparte

It is Studio Saturday here at Born Broken.  A day when I feature art studios, home decor, and the like.  Today, as I was browsing the web for some cozy decor pictures - I began to notice something interesting.  When talking about bed linens - it is helpful to match the color of your bedspread to the surroundings.  (Or at least, it should be complimentary).  Things get even more complicated when your linens have a pattern of some sort.  Then, it s helpful to match the color and the pattern to the decor of the room.  However - when it comes to the color white, it is universally apropriate in every style, matched to every color.

Here are some examples of different decor styles - having very little in common, other than the white bed linens. (Oh, and can you guess which one is my favorite, from below?):





I hope you enjoyed our little tiptoe through the white linens.  Oh, and as for my favorite?  Let's just say I don't mind small spaces, and gingham will win me over anytime.


Have a great weekend everyone!  Happy Studio Saturday!

*All images in this post came from copyright free sources.

1 comment:

Sewn With Grace said...

I have a crush on gingham too! Have a good weekend!