Man is born broken. He lives by mending. The grace of God is glue.

- Eugene O'neil

Saturday, May 1, 2010

All Gentleness...

A profusion of pink roses bending ragged in the
rain speaks to me of all gentleness and its enduring.


Ok, so I admit - they aren't in the rain - but still, look at what an absolutely beautiful bouquet of flowers was hand delivered to me yesterday.  My wonderful friend and artist, Lynne Wright, had lunch with me, and she brought me these lovelies from her garden.  (Except for the sweetpeas, which she took from a special bouquet splurge that was supposed to be all for her!  Generous woman.)

I put the bouquet up on the fireplace mantle, beside a vintage martini flass and a vintage bottle (ALSO a prior gift from Lyn!) filled with vintage buttons.  I had such a wonderful lunch with her, and it was a nice reminder of how precious friends are. 

Today is 'Studio Saturday' on this blog, so - in honor of Lyn's fabulous gift  above, I thought I would go in search of a good flower arranging resource.  OH MY!  Imagine my delight when I found this gorgeous blog.  Every post is fodder for floral inspiration.  Such incredible eye candy.  Enjoy!


And, enjoy your weekend!  Here in Northern California the weather is absolutely gorgeous.  Get outside everyone!

Saturday is Studio / Home Day!

Do you have any houses, studios or decore that you adore? Leave me a comment and a link. I love to visit new places, and I'd love to feature reader favorites on upcoming Studio Saturday days.

No comments: