Man is born broken. He lives by mending. The grace of God is glue.

- Eugene O'neil

Thursday, April 8, 2010

The R Word


You know, I spent a lot of time looking for images or quotes that would illustrate the point.  In the end, I don't think it could be any more straightforward than what you see above.

Think about it.

Soeren Palumbo Fremd, a teenager in Illinois has thought about it a lot.  He shares his thoughts better than I ever could - here.  Take a moment to watch it all the way through.




As many of you know, I work for the Special Olympics.  I love what I do, and I love what the organization is doing.  One of the things I love is that the job has given me a lot of pause to think about my preconceived notions about:  self respect, dignity, developmental disabilities, and societally acceptable cruelty.

My thursday blog theme is THINK.  I hope you will take a moment to think about this topic, today.  I'd love it if you would share your thoughts.

xoxo - Chel

No comments: