Man is born broken. He lives by mending. The grace of God is glue.

- Eugene O'neil

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Red Barbie Beautiful!


Today, I am sharing a vintage doll case.  I keep it in my art studio, but it doesn't actually have dolls, or art supplies in it.  In fact, it is filled with letters and notes that date back to my junior high and high school days.  They are fun (and funny!) to go back and read every once in a while.

The doll case dates to the fifties, and it originally belonged to my mother and her sister.  Clearly - it is not actually Barbie brand.  I don't know who made it, it is unmarked,and I can't find anything like it on the internet. Anyway, I have five vintage doll cases this is just one of them.  I'll share the others on another day.  In the meantime, speaking of dolls and rednesday - I also posted a separate entry on my art blog - http://chelisehery.blogspot.com  - so be sure and check that out.  Happy Rednesday everyone! 



8 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

What a special case.

Happy Rednesday!

★Carol★ said...

You lucky girl, to have so many doll cases! I wish I still had my Barbie case, but I DO have my Barbie lunchbox! Love this case, and I can't wait to see the others!
Happy REDnesday,
Carol

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

What a cute treasure and I love that you've saved your notes from jr. high and high school. Sadly, I sold my Barbie stuff at a garage sale a long time ago, but it went to a girl who wanted it so bad so I don't regret it all. Thanks for sharing!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

You have a real treasure there--and it's loaded with treasures too!

DITTY IN RED

Just a pinch of scarlet
To liven up the place;
Just a hint of ruby
Brushed upon your face;
Just a bit of cherry
Dancing round your toes;
Just some sanguine colors—
That’s the way it goes!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Autumn’s rubies here and here

Mecky said...

Oh that is cute!!
I wish I still had my notes from jr high school. I saved them, but I imagine they were tossed when my parents moved. I should of thought to find them. It would be fun to go back and read them. Neat that you saved yours.

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness very cute. I am new ot your blog, I found you over at Rednesday, and may I say that LOVE your blog design! I love all things retro and vintage and I would die for your blog design, Ive never been able to find one like it. Thanks for sharing and happy rednesday! :)

Jill said...

I've never seen a case like that - so retro!!!!

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Very cool red doll case !Happy Thanksgiving ! Blessings